Committing to getting aesthetic treatments done can sometimes leave you with an extended period of downtime. This is not always possible due to work, childcare or other life commitments that mean you need to be mobile and pain-free.
Growing in popularity, it would be surprising if you haven’t seen this featured on a celebrity’s Instagram or advertised on the high street. It’s been popularised by the nickname “non-surgical liposuction” by many celebrities and clinicians due to its effects and easy process.
To be able to remove fat without surgery, CoolSculpting uses cryolipolysis, freezing up to 25% of the targeted fat to a specific temperature so it dies. The dead fat cells are then harmlessly excreted out of the body through the liver, resulting in full results within three months of your last treatment. This can be used on several parts of the body that are known for stubborn areas of fat retention, such as:
- Lower back
- Under the chin
Each area of treatment takes an hour to complete, a tiny portion of your day compared to surgical liposuction.
2. Triple Boost HydraBright
The eyes are one of the first areas that show signs of ageing, stress or ill-health. Surgical procedures to treat eye bags, wrinkles or loose skin can be time-consuming in terms of procedure and recovery. For example, upper and lower eyelid surgery can take up to 14 days to recover fully enough to return to work and other activities. Triple Boost HydraBright is a triple dose cocktail of hyaluronic acid, mesotherapy and platelet-rich plasma made from your blood to rejuvenate the eye area.
First, the practitioner will inject small amounts of hyaluronic acid, to improve the hydration and volume in any trouble areas. Next, they will then inject the blood that was taken pre-treatment back into the skin after extracting the natural platelet-rich plasma. Lastly, they will then inject a mix of vitamins, minerals and amino acids administered via tiny needles which does the main heavy lifting of erasing pigmentation and fine lines. It is recommended to have two to three treatments, depending on desired results, six weeks apart from each other. The needles that are used are so small you’re able to carry on as normal the same day. The results are instantly visible and last about a year.
In 2020 a study from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that Botox was the most popular minimally invasive procedure that year. An impressive 4.4 million procedures were performed that year in America1 alone making this quick and easy aesthetic treatment second to malignant tumour removals.
Botox injections prevent specific instructions from nerves that cause muscles to contract normally or abnormally. These injections are mainly used to relax facial muscles that cause wrinkles and can also be used to treat medical conditions.
- Cervical dystonia. This can be an incredibly painful condition that causes your neck muscles to contract involuntarily so your head or neck twists into uncomfortable positions.
- Lazy eye. The usual cause for a lazy eye is the uneven distribution of muscles that are used to position the eyelid and muscles surrounding it
- Muscle contractures. Certain neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy can cause limbs and facial muscles to pull inwards. With certain people with mild symptoms, a lot can be relieved with Botox injections in specific areas.
- Hyperhidrosis. This condition causes excessive sweating despite cold climates or inactivity. A Botox injection can stun sweat glans in the armpit, face, hands and other areas to reduce this to a normal amount. These injections will never stop sweat production completely as that can cause overheating.
- Chronic migraine. If you are experiencing aggressive migraines for more than 15 days a month doctors will often recommend Botox injections to relax tense muscles that cause the worst of the pain.
- Bladder dysfunction. Overactive bladders that cause incontinence can be helped with an injection into the bladder under local anaesthesia.
Fillers used to plump lips and create jawlines such as Ellansé dermal fillers use substances that are naturally able to be absorbed into the body. This stimulated your body’s natural collagen production so your body does the fight against ageing for you. This type of filler is frequently recommended to those with deep acne scars due to the collagen production filling them in without the risk of overfilling from standard fillers.
5. Non-surgical nose job
A surgical nose job is a painful procedure with lengthy recovery times, with up to two weeks off of work and full swelling reduction after six months. So, instead, many people are opting for a less painful, albeit less permanent, solution. In just under 20 minutes, the filler is injected into the nose to even out the surface, hiding any bumps and fixing symmetry.
In less time than it takes to watch a movie, you’ll have your perfect nose.
There are many advantages to opting for procedures with no recovery time. You’ll not have to take more time off of work and if you go abroad for these treatments you have to enjoy a full holiday instead of resting in a bed.
However, these procedures and procedures like them have no recovery time for a reason. Many are not permanent and will need to be topped up or do not deliver as drastic results as you desire. Overall, there are many reasons to research and book these non-invasive and easy to recover from procedures. They’re still procedures after all so booking them with a reputable practitioner is still as important as doing so before surgery.